March 27, 2020, 3:30 p.m. – Eclectic Eye appreciates your patience and continued support of local business through these difficult times. Our entire team remains healthy and symptom-free. While our showroom is closed temporarily, there are new procedural changes that will be implemented at this time.
- Our showroom will remain temporarily closed to the public through Wednesday, April 6 per Mayor Strickland’s Safer at Home directive.
- We will provide current patients with essential care via telehealth (phone, text) when appropriate, or in person when necessary.
- For orders that have already been placed, we will continue production and dispense completed orders by special arrangement delivery to our parking lot.
- We will provide contact lenses shipped direct or by special arrangement delivery to our parking lot.
- We will extend contact lens expiration dates temporarily for patients if we feel it will be safe. However, we still recommend less contact lens wear throughout the COVID-19 spread.
- For lost or broken glasses, we will make special arrangements for replacements and repairs, by appointment only, as long as we can do so safely.
- All routine exams and contact lens fittings will be rescheduled once it is deemed safe for our patients, staff and the community at large.
March 20, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – At this time, in consideration of the safety of our employees and our community, Eclectic Eye will close until further notice due to the unfortunate Coronavirus situation. Our team will be monitoring text messages, calls and emails during this time. For emergency eye care, please text Dr. Michael Weinberg at (901) 493-3232.
We understand this is a challenging time for all and are committed to the health and safety of our loyal customers and employees.
For more information visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
March 17, 2020, 10:30 a.m. – Eclectic Eye continues to closely monitor the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Our team has taken additional measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees, in an effort to help prevent the spread of the virus. Eclectic Eye will continue to provide exams and exceptional eyewear as long as safely possible; however, there have been some changes to our business hours and procedures.
Alternate business hours and closings are as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday, March 16 & 17, business hours will continue as usual (10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.).
- Wednesday and Thursday, March 18 & 19, we will be closed.
- Friday and Saturday, March 20 & 21, will be reserved for private appointments and scheduled patients. This may be subject to change within the following weeks, please contact the store directly for more information.
New procedural changes during business hours:
- Eclectic Eye can arrange for curbside pick-up.
- Eclectic Eye can arrange for contacts and frames to be ordered and shipped with frame adjustments set at a later date.
- Eclectic Eye can drop off products to customers.
- Eclectic Eye can arrange at-home try on boxes.
- Eclectic Eye can set up private appointments.
For contact lens wear:
We would strongly recommend for anyone that is having symptoms, or anyone under self-quarantine to not wear contact lenses. Contact lenses increase the risk of problems with eye health. Insertion and removal of contacts subjects a patient to direct exposure to susceptible tissues. If there is a contact lens-related problem (keratitis, infection, or abrasion), there would be no easy way to remotely manage the potential issues.
We recommend wearing glasses throughout this time. And, of course, washing your hands and glasses before putting them on. As well as washing your hands when adjusting or after removing glasses.
Dr. Weinberg is still available for emergencies and can be reached directly at 901-493-3232.
To ensure the safety of our team and customers: All Eclectic Eye staff are required to have their temperatures taken upon arrival. There will be a sign off sheet regarding the current health of our employees.
March 13, 2020, 1:15 p.m. – Eclectic Eye is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, which is quickly spreading globally. While most cases are mild and do not require hospitalization, our team is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees, and to help prevent the spread of the virus. Eclectic Eye will continue to provide exams and exceptional eyewear as long as safely possible.
Business hours will remain the same until further notice; however, there has been a slight change in our standard routine, as necessary, and is stated below. It has always been our top priority to be diligent about the cleanliness of our eyewear studio. Our team has been trained on CDC recommended protocols and we will continue to train and monitor the spread of this virus.
If you have symptoms that include fever, cough, congestion, and shortness of breath, or either had contact with a person with COVID-19 or traveled abroad in the past month, please stay home and seek care from an urgent-care provider.
The following changes have been enacted as of March 12, 2020:
For customers coming in to shop for frames:
- A dedicated area has been set up for customers to relax, while frames are brought to customers based on their preferences.
- All frames will be disinfected after being tried on.
- If the shop is crowded, customers may be asked to set up an appointment.
For customer pick up:
- All products will be disinfected after final inspection and before packaging.
- To avoid overcrowding, customers will be asked to set up an appointment online.
- There will be an area designated to dispense glasses.
- All adjustment tools will be disinfected after use.
To reduce physical contact as much as possible for patients coming in for exams:
- Eclectic Eye will not check the eye pressure unless it is a high risk.
- Eclectic Eye will not dilate the eyes unless it is a high risk.
- Eclectic Eye will not perform OCT scans on the nerve and the macula to ensure healthy status.
- Eclectic Eye will reduce the number of patients to prevent crowding.
- Eclectic Eye will designate one room for contact lens exams and medical issues.
- Eclectic Eye will allow additional time between patients to ensure all equipment and surfaces are completely cleaned.
The steps to protect yourself from COVID-19 are similar to the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, including the flu and COVID-19. Face masks should be used only by people who show symptoms of these diseases to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
We are continuing to monitor this situation, as it is still evolving. For more information visit the CDC website.